Health & Wellbeing Support - FREE Sessions, Posters, Conversation Tool & More!
1) We have produced three interactive posters to highlight support available to managers, nurses and care workers to support their wellbeing. Links include finance support, counselling, advice line, bereavement support and more. Please share with colleagues.
2) Kings Fund Poster - to Support Health & Wellbeing of workers. Staff may experience a wide range of normal feelings and anxieties during the early stages of dealing with Covid-19. The aim of planned responses to active ongoing stress is to foster resilience, reduce burnout and reduce the risk of post-traumatic stress disorder. Designed for hospital workers but very relevant for the care sector.
3) It's good to talk! Use this conversation starter tool to help break the ice and talk to people about their mental health issues.
4) DO YOU KNOW - There is a team of NHS clinical psychologists working with the new Kent and Medway health and care staff wellbeing support hub offering support to the care sector. The website offers lots of health & wellbeing support as well as live sessions as detailed below.
A number of weekly 20-minute sessions aimed at managers, giving them the space to discuss any concerns they have about the mental wellbeing of their staff.
Confirmed hours (during which three 20-minute sessions will be organised) are:
Mondays 10.30 - 11.30am
Tuesdays 10.30 - 11.30am
Wednesdays 4.30 - 5.30pm
Thursdays 1.00 - 2.00pm
For more information and to book a place on one of the sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Dealing with Stress, Trauma & Death - A free guide from The Judgement Index
Outline what trauma is
Explain normal reactions to trauma
Give top tips of what to do and what not to do
Suggest a daily decompression activity
Includes sections specifically for leaders and sections for staff and their families
The free guide from The Judgement Index can be found here
6) Burnout in Social Care - presentation slides can be accessed here