SCILs - KCC funds the SCILS learning platform to enable free access for all care providers. Go to our Scils section of the training & funding home page to register a log on and access safeguarding courses and much more for free.
HEE - Free safeguarding training level I-4 for Care Homes staff www.e-lfh.org.uk
SCIE - Various Free training on MCA and safeguarding, MCA, Best Interest and DOLS.
Kent CC offers the following free safeguarding training under the Care Act for all care providers.
- Introduction to the Care Act e-learning - FREE
- Further resources on the Care Act and its impact - FREE
There are also costed options for the following.
- Various topics on Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Multi-agency Safeguarding Adults Training
- Level A (foundation stage) for safeguarding adults training.
Other Training Providers for Safeguarding - Whilst we do not endorse any training organisations, we do list other training providers below, who offer safeguarding training, should you wish to make your own enquiries.
1) Safeguarding– level 3 or above
2) Coproduce Care has recorded a live stream conference following 1 year on from CQC's report on Restraint, Seclusion on Segregation in the 'Out of Sight' report. It's free for anyone to share and watch back here: